AN ODE TO KAREN KING-ARIBISALA


"You see, you cannot negotiate truth: truth is truth because it is truth. You can't talk around it you know. Whether one sees it as a perversity or not I believe it is a perversity."

-
KAREN KING-ARIBISALA

Truth is Truth

An Ode to Karen King-Aribisala

Yes, Lady Karen
I heard the echoes of the siren
But I stuck my fingers into my ears
Lest, I hear the echoes of my fears.
For if you hear her voice, you would be lost
So, I fled from pillar to post.
Until I saw you in the shade of the whispering palms
I saw you reciting the sacred verses of the Psalms
And I rushed to your side
To join you in the shade.

Like a butterfly to the rose flower
I was attracted to your petals
Like a wandering bee in search of nectar
I sniffed at the ribbons of your sandals.
Oh, fair lady from the heart of Guyana
Oh, divine muse of our Nirvana
Read to me the fables and the tales of the 9th heaven
And let my soul find peace in the heart of your haven.

Comments

Anonymous said…
The poem truly reflects her views and position. it is brlliant and i commend the poet

Popular posts from this blog

Addax Petroleum Announces Federal Government Approval of Nigeria Gas Utilisation Initiative

Terrorist Attacks on America Before Osama Bin Laden Was Born : 1920 -2005.