On The Other Side of Yesterday

(For the suffering and dying and the bereaved all over the world.)

Nobody told me that it will not last forever
Nobody told me that it will soon be over.
Nobody told me that it is just for a while
Nobody told me that life is just a borrowed tale.
And as time goes by, life goes on.

Nobody told me that this world is only a passage
Nobody told me that we are only on a pilgrimage
Nobody told me that it is only a voyage
Nobody told me that it goes on from age to age.
And as time goes by, we all come and go.

Here today and gone tomorrow
And only the bereaved knows their sorrow.

Oh, Lord!
Give me your Word.
A messge of hope to a hopeless world.
That one fine day
All these horrors will pass away
On the other side of yesterday.

Comments

Keshi said…
so beautiful and so touching!

Keshi.
The words were due to my depression over the tragedies in Nigeria and Iraq.

I am still recovering.

God bless.

Popular posts from this blog

Addax Petroleum Announces Federal Government Approval of Nigeria Gas Utilisation Initiative

Terrorist Attacks on America Before Osama Bin Laden Was Born : 1920 -2005.

Ginny, First Coal Mining Search and Rescue Dog in the World