When Hollywood Photography Is An Imitation Of Art


As an artist and a writer since my childhood as an art prodigy, I have been fascinated by the artistry and imagery in the geometry and symmetry of creation I always see on earth. National Geographic has captured some of the most spectacular images of the earth; people, places, events, etc.

I have seen the best of naturalism and impressionism in Art Histry before I chose impressionism and had the opportunity to be exhibited internationally in Japan when I was only 20 and had my illustrations used by Johns Hopkins University's Communication Center when I was 21 and 1 million copies of my life drawings for family planning booklets were distributed all over Nigeria in Pidgin English, Igbo, Yoruba and Hausa languages and I also produced more for PATH in Seattle, Washington, when I was 22 and produced more on nomadic education for the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) when I was 26 after working as a UNICEF program consultant at 25 and curated the first ever Arts Against AIDS national exhibitions at the National Museum and National Theatre in Lagos when I was 30. I had a solo exhibition hosted by the Nigerian Queen of Models Yemi Fawaz in 1994 before I abandoned Art to concentrate my genius on Literature, drama and TV/Film productions.

My interest in Fine Art was rekindled recently when I saw the photographs of Hollywood divas Scarlett Johansson, Kiera Knightley and Miley Cyrus Unclad poses and was struck by their imitation of classical nude paintings.

I have been awed by the Vanity Fair magazine cover photograph of Scarlett Johansson and Kiera Knightley posing for designer Tom Ford, because it could pass for a masterpiece of classical nude paintings of Rembrandt Harmenszoon van Rijn (July 15, 1606 ?October 4, 1669). Like Rembrandt’s Andromeda, Susanna, Diana and her Nymphs, Danaë, Bathsheba and others. In fact, the semi semi nude photograph of Miley Cyrus is a complete imitation of classical painting.

I can post the photograph of Miley Cyrus here, but that of the my muses Scarlett Johansson and Kiera Knightley in the nude cannot be posted here. You can see it and the video on classical nude paintings on
http://kissesandroses.blogspot.com/2012/09/scarlett-johansson-kiera-knightley-and.html








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Addax Petroleum Announces Federal Government Approval of Nigeria Gas Utilisation Initiative

Terrorist Attacks on America Before Osama Bin Laden Was Born : 1920 -2005.

Ginny, First Coal Mining Search and Rescue Dog in the World