The Holocaust Novel of 14-Year-Old Author Christopher Huh



25 Feb 2013 14:30 Africa/Lagos

14-Year-Old Author Christopher Huh Debuts Keeping My Hope, A Historical Fiction Graphic Novel About the Holocaust

GERMANTOWN, Md., Feb. 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Christopher Huh, an 8th grade middle school student, has just published a new hand-drawn historical fiction graphic novel about the Holocaust, Keeping My Hope. To write Keeping My Hope, Christopher spent over 1,000 hours conducting research on WWII and the Holocaust. It took him about a year and a half to complete the book.

The storyline circles around the life of Ari. Ari is a teenager whose entire life is turned upside down by the horrors of the Holocaust. He and his family are torn apart and moved to Auschwitz, where the reader gains an inside look at what prisoners in the concentration camps suffered through. However, even with these atrocities, the power of friendship shines through and gives Ari hope to keep surviving through the darkest blizzards of terror. Informative yet touching, Keeping My Hope spreads the message of how powerfully racism and prejudice can affect those around us.



Christopher says, "I started out writing Keeping My Hope just for myself. I wanted to organize and retain the knowledge that I gained from my research by creating an illustrated story. By creating these characters and giving them life, I felt like I was participating in history. Learning about WWII and the Holocaust in this way was not only fun for me but also helped me to remember what I'd learned. As the pages accumulated, I began to show my drawings to people around me and after much support, I decided to turn my work into a published book. I hope to share the valuable lessons I have learned through my book."

His teacher Ms. Schiller says, "This is one-of-a-kind book. Christopher has captured history in a new way, reaching out to the younger generation. Readers of all ages will be touched by the story."

Informative yet touching, Keeping My Hope provides another opportunity for people of all ages to learn about the Holocaust and its impact on countless people.

Keeping My Hope is available at
www.amazon.com/author/christopherhuh
Title: Keeping My Hope
Author: Christopher Huh
Published date: February 18, 2013
ISBN-13: 978-1479348831

About Christopher Huh:
Christopher Huh has enjoyed drawing and creating stories since he was very young. Christopher has never taken an art or creative writing class and takes pride in his unique drawing style and being a self-taught author. Keeping My Hope is Christopher's first book. Besides drawing and writing, he enjoys watching movies, listening to music, playing the viola and the piano, and playing tennis. Christopher is a second generation Korean-American born and raised in the US. For more on the author, please visit his website at www.keepingmyhope.com.

This press release was issued through eReleases® Press Release Distribution. For more information, visit http://www.ereleases.com.

SOURCE Chris Huh

CONTACT: Christopher Huh, +1-301-814-6372, ChristopherHuh [at] gmail.com

Web Site: http://www.keepingmyhope.com










submit to reddit

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Addax Petroleum Announces Federal Government Approval of Nigeria Gas Utilisation Initiative

Terrorist Attacks on America Before Osama Bin Laden Was Born : 1920 -2005.

Ginny, First Coal Mining Search and Rescue Dog in the World